New Features in ShopSite 11 sp2
|New Features in ShopSite 11 sp2
- Plugin for WordPress Integration
- Pinterest Support
- Shopper-facing Inventory Tracking
- Product Disabling
- Shopper Product Reviews
- Global Shopex International Shipping
- Merchant Alerts
- Incomplete Form Highlighting in the Shopping Cart
- Authorize.Net Gateway Emulation
- Google and PayPal Payment Methods Name Changes
- XML Upload/Download Customer Registration Data
- Product Line Item Consolidation
- Minicart Improvement
- Customer Tax Exemption
- Customer Reorder from History
- Email Notification of New Registered Customers
- Variable Compression for JPEG Image Resizing
- Report Checkpointing
- Drag and Drop for Subproducts
- Additional Mobile Support for Advanced Ordering Options
- Various Shopping Cart Improvements
- Dashboard Improvements
- UPS Account-based Rates
- New Themes
|New Features in ShopSite 11 sp1
- Mobile Device Support
- Checkout by Amazon
- PayPal Express Checkout Enhancements
- IFrame Option for Order Anywhere
- Support for Google +1 Button
- New interface for Advanced Ordering Options
- New Interface for Assigned Items
- Indexing Performance Improvements
- Updated SQLite Backend
- Latest Google Shopping Requirements
- Multiple More Info Page Images for Google Shopping
- Checkout Button Improvements
- Barcode Scanner Support
|New Features in ShopSite 11
- Backoffice Navigation
- Page and Product Defaults
- Collapsible Page and Product Fields
- Constant Contact
- Facebook Store
- Facebook Connect for Customer Registration
- PCI Certified
- User Accounts
- Reports Redesign
- Coupon Improvement
- Additional Dashboard Modules
- Improved Product Search
- New Google Shopping API
- New Google Product Fields
- AvaTax Refinement
- Notes for Order Processing
- Advanced Ordering Options Improvements
- Configurable Pricing for Wishlists
- Additonal Template Functionality
- New Navigation Menus for Stores
- New Themes
Click here to view the features included in version 11 sp1.
New Features in ShopSite 11 sp2
- Plugin for WordPress Integration (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can add products directly to your WordPress blog using ShopSite's WordPress plugin.
- Pinterest support (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Your customers can now follow you on Pinterest and "pin" products and pages from your site to their boards.
- Shopper-facing Inventory Tracking (Pro)
Shoppers can now see the product inventory remaining on Product More Information pages.
- Product Disabling (Pro)
Instead of temporarily removing products from a page (or multiple pages) that you plan to add back again in the near future, you can disable the product so that it doesn't show up on the pages to which it is assigned. This can be especially useful for seasonal products.
- Shopper Product Reviews (Pro)
Shoppers can now leave product reviews. The merchant controls whether shoppers can review all products or only registered customers can review products that they have previously purchased.
- Global Shopex International Shipping (Pro)
Integration with Global Shopex International Shipping allows merchants to ship internationally, handling all tariffs and dues required of the international customer.
- Merchant Alerts (Pro)
Merchant Alerts notify the merchant of potential problems with shipping systems and failed orders through the back office dashboard and email.
- Incomplete Form Highlighting in the Shopping Cart (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Form fields containing invalid entries are now highlighted to better show the customer which fields need to be corrected before submitting an order.
- Authorize.Net Gateway Emulation (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Authorize.net emulators set up for payment processing are now supported.
- Google and PayPal Payment Methods Name Changes (Pro, Manager, Starter)
'Google Checkout' is now 'Google Wallet' and PayPal's payment types and gateways have also changed names. "PayPal Website Payments Standard" is now "PayPal Payments Standard", "PayPal Website Payments Pro" is now "PayPal Payments Pro", and "PayPal Payflow Pro" is now either "PayPal Payflow" or "PayPal Payflow Gateway", as appropriate.
- XML Upload/Download Customer Registration Data (Pro)
Customer Registration data has now been added as an option for XML Upload/Download.
- Product Line Item Consolidation (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Whenever the same product is added to the cart multiple times, it will now appear as a single line item.
- Minicart Improvement (Pro)
The minicart now uses JSON-P, which allows the cart to work across different domains (e.g. the store belongs to one domain, but the cart belongs to a different domain.)
- Customer Tax Exemption (Pro)
Registered customers can now petition for their accounts to be set to Tax Exempt. The merchant must approve all tax exempt status settings for customers.
- Customer Reorder from History (Pro)
Registered customers can now add all products from a previous purchase into the shopping cart for reorder.
- Email Notification of New Registered Customers (Pro)
ShopSite can now email the merchant whenever a new customer registers with their store.
- ReCaptcha (Pro)
Human verification (sometimes used during checkout) is now handled by ReCaptcha.
- Variable Compression for JPEG Image Resizing (Pro, Manager, Starter)
When using the automatic image resizing for products, you can now set the compression level for JPEG images. This will allow for a trade-off between image quality and file size.
- Report Checkpointing (Pro, Manager, Starter)
When ShopSite creates reports on large data sets, it will checkpoint the data, allowing the merchant to interrupt the report creation without losing the all of the reporting data already entered. this means that when the merchant comes back to generate the reports, the report creation won't have to start from the beginning.
- Drag and Drop for Subproducts (Pro, Manager)
Subproducts can now be organized using a drag and drop interface.
- Additional Mobile Support for Advanced Ordering Options (Pro)
To better support mobile devices, JSON-P is now used for handling Advanced Ordering Options instead of Flash. This means that iOS devices and other mobile platforms that don't support Flash can now see Advanced Ordering Options as intended.
- Various Shopping Cart Improvements (Pro, Manager, Starter)
A number of small improvements have been made to the shopping cart, including:
- Before checking out, ShopSite checks if the merchant has modified the product price since the shopper added it to the cart.
- A cart "Processing" message appears when recalculating totals and when contacting payment gateways.
- You can now specify a maximum length on each billing and ship to address field to control input by the shopper. This allows you to meet international requirements for address field lengths.
- Dashboard Improvements (Pro)
There are two new dashboard modules: Pending Reviews and Merchant Alerts. Also, the dashboard can now minimize the modules to free up screen real estate.
- UPS Account Based Rates (Pro, Manager, Starter)
In addition to Retail, Daily, and Standard List Rates, UPS can now return rates based on the merchant's UPS account.
- New Themes (Pro, Manager, Starter)
There are five new themes to choose from, including: Pinwheel, Trend, Dynamic, Boutique, and Picture
New Features in ShopSite 11 sp1
- Mobile Device Support (Pro, Manager)
Using dynamically generated pages, customers accessing your site with their mobile devices can now use the new mobile-friendly interface to browse and shop at a merchant's store.
- Checkout by Amazon (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Checkout by Amazon is now supported as a payment option.
- PayPal Express Checkout Enhancements (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Shoppers can now use PayPal Express Checkout for credit card orders without having/creating a PayPal account when no credit card payment types are enabled in the ShopSite store.
- IFrame Option for Order Anywhere (Pro, Manager, Starter)
With the IFrame option enabled for Order Anywhere, the buttons are automatically updated when changes are made to the underlying product.
- Support for Google +1 button (Pro, Manager, Starter)
A merchant can now provide buttons that allow customers to "+1" a product or page.
- New Interface for Advanced Ordering Options (Pro, Manager)
A new drag-and-drop interface can be used to change the order of the Advanced Ordering Options.
- New Interface for Arrange Items (Pro, Manager, Starter)
A new drag-and-drop interface can be used to arrange the order of the items on a page.
- Indexing Performance Improvements (Pro, Manager)
Large stores should see a marked improvement in the time it takes to index pages and products.
- Updated SQLite Backend (Pro, Manager, Starter)
The database used for storing reports and orders has been upgraded, providing increased security and reliability.
- Latest Google Shopping Requirements (Pro, Manager)
Products to be submitted to Google Shopping can now be configured to meet the latest requirements for Clothing and Apparel without using Extra Fields.
- Multiple More Info Page Images for Google Shopping (Pro, Manager)
A merchant can now upload multiple images for each product when submitting products to Google Shopping.
- Checkout Button Improvements (Pro, Manager, Starter)
A merchant can now organize and arrange how the checkout buttons will appear on the shopping cart with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Barcode Scanner Support (Pro)
ShopSite can now create barcodes for order numbers that can be used for order handling and packing slips.
New Features in ShopSite 11
- Backoffice Navigation (Pro, Manager, Starter)
There are now breadcrumbs underneath the navigation bar to help users quickly navigate between pages in the back office.
- Page and Product Defaults (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Set default values for a variety of page and product fields, reducing the amount of time it takes to add a new page or product.
- Collapsible Page and Product Fields (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Groups of related Page or Product fields can now be collapsed and expanded to hide and show only the sections you want to see.
- Constant Contact (Pro, Manager)
Constant Contact support allows you to manage your email and newsletter lists and campaigns for effective marketing to your customers.
- Facebook Store (Pro)
Allow your customers to shop for select products while visiting your company Facebook site.
- Facebook Connect for Customer Registration (Pro)
Allow your customers to use their Facebook account to register with your store.
- PCI Certification (Pro, Manager, Starter)
ShopSite 11 has been certified PCI Compliant.
- User Accounts (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can now manage and track individual user access to the back office. Pro stores can additionally restrict individual user permissions as needed to specific roles.
- Roles (Pro)
Pro stores can restrict individual user permissions as needed to specific roles.
- Applications (Pro, Manager)
This feature standardizes the way third-party applications use ShopSite's APIs and allows you to better manage which third party applications have access to your ShopSite store.
- Reports Redesign (Pro, Manager, Starter)
The Reports feature has received a significant overhaul, both in ease of use and power. Everything from sales and inventory to coupon and gift certificate use can be examined and charted.
- Coupon Improvement (Pro)
Coupon generation for storewide sales that exclude particular products from being applicable has been streamlined.
- Additional Dashboard Modules (Pro, Manager, Starter)
There are two new dashboard modules. One provides information on active features of your store, such as which payment types are accepted, which tax system is implemented, as well as a list of optional features that are enabled. The second module delivers special merchant offers directly to your dashboard, such as promotions and discounts.
- Improved Product Search (Pro)
Advanced ordering options are now included in product searches.
- New Google Shopping API (Pro)
The latest APIs from Google are now implemented.
- New Google Product Fields (Pro, Manager)
There are now dedicated fields for a product's ISBN, UPC, or MPN when uploading products to Google.
- AvaTax Refinement (Pro, Manager)
You can now pick which states to query for tax information, reducing the time necessary to get tax information.
- Notes for Order Processing (Pro, Manager)
Now you can annotate the orders to provide special instructions to those handling the orders.
- Advanced Ordering Options Improvements (Pro)
You can now remove individual ordering options from a product's Advanced ordering options field.
- Configurable Pricing for Wishlists (Pro, Manager)
You can now choose to send the regular price instead of the On Sale/Lowest price to Wishpot.
- Additional Template Functionality (Pro)
Conditional template statements (IF, ELSEIF, etc.) can now use a number of additional evaluation methods including: not equal to, greater than, less than, etc.
- New Navigation Menus for Stores (Pro, Manager)
There are three new navigation menu options for store navigation.
- New Themes (Pro, Manager, Starter)
There are eight new themes to use for your store. They include: Burst, Lights, Roller, Scoop, ShipShape, Simplicity, Smooth, and Standard.