New Features in ShopSite 12
|New Features in ShopSite 12
- New Payment Configuration Screen
- PayPal Payments Advanced Integration
- Payflow Link
- First Data E4 Payment Gateway
- xDSpot Payment Gateway
- Order Management Improvements
- Merchant "Comment" field passed to cart
- Tracking Number can be added to orders
- Merchant product notes displayed on Packing List
- Order Sorting
- Latest API Support for FedEx, UPS, and USPS
- Canada Post
- Australia Post
- "n/a" allowed in ShopSite shipping tables
- Native Wish List Support
- Additional CAPTCHA Options
- Company Field
- Local DTD Reference
- Back Office Redesign
- 5 Cent Rounding for Prices
- Real-time Inventory using JSONP
- HTML Email Merchant Order Notification
- Improved Back Office Help and Support
- Re-marketing for Google Analytics
- New Search Option "does not contain"
- 25 Additional Custom Product Fields
- "Empty Cart" Button Behavior Control
- XML Download Improvements
- SEO Improvements
- Image Handling Improvements
- Optional Confirmation Screen for Starter stores
- New Themes, including Responsive Design
View the features included in version 11 sp2.
New Features in ShopSite 12
- New Payment Configuration Screen (Pro, Manager, Starter)
The Payment Configuration screen has received a major overhaul. Instead of the many branching pages for each individual payment gateway, all payment configuration is done using popup modals on a single page.
- PayPal Payments Advanced integration (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can now select PayPal Payments Advanced as a payment gateway.
- Payflow Link (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can now select PayPal's Payflow Link as a payment gateway.
- First Data E4 payment gateway (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can now select First data E4 as a payment gateway.
- xDSpot payment gateway (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can now select xDSpot as a payment gateway.
- Order Management (Pro)
New features have been added to facilitate order management. You can now bill orders, add order comments, and resend email receipts from the new Manage an Order screen.
- Merchant "Comment" field passed to cart (Pro)
A merchant can use this field to programmatically add information to an order that the shopper will optionally not see, but the merchant will when viewing the order.
- Tracking Number can be added to orders (Pro)
There is a new field for an order's tracking number. After a tracking number has been provided, you can send an email to the customer that includes the tracking number so they can follow their package.
- Merchant product notes displayed on Packing List (Pro)
Merchants can now include product notes on packing lists.
- Order Sorting (Pro)
You can now sort orders by Order Number (Ascending or Decending) or by the Search Criteria (Ascending or Descending).
- Latest API Support for FedEx, UPS, and USPS (Pro, Manager)
The shipping services continue to modify their APIs and ShopSite continues to support their latest iterations.
- Canada Post (Pro, Manager)
Canada Post is now supported as a shipping option within ShopSite.
- Australia Post (Pro, Manager)
Australia Post is now supported as a shipping option within ShopSite.
- "n/a" allowed in ShopSite shipping tables (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Using "N/A" in a column is now recognized when creating shipping tables in ShopSite, and handled appropriately.
- New Wish List Support (Pro)
In addition to Wishpot integration, ShopSite now provides an option to maintain wish lists for customers who have registered.
- Additional CAPTCHA Options (Pro, Manager, Starter)
- Company Field (Pro)
A new "Company" field has been added to customer registration.
- Local DTD Reference (Pro, Manager)
It's rare, but sometimes the servers supporting ShopSite.com go down. When that happens, XML downloads can't complete because it can't get the XML definitions. This feature stores a local copy of the DTD and will use the local copy when the shopsite.com servers cannot be reached.
- Back Office Redesign (Pro, Manager, Starter)
The back office has been redesigned to implement responsive design, allowing you to manage your store from any supported browser, including mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. There are a number of additional cosmetic changes that have been made as part of the redesign.
- Five Cent Rounding for Prices (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Some countries have done away with their equivalent to the American penny or one cent piece. Brazil and Switzerland are two such countries. This feature (when enabled) rounds prices in the cart to the nearest five cents. If the currency is Brazilian or Swiss, this feature is automatically enabled.
- Real-time Inventory using JSONP (Pro)
Real-time inventory now uses JSONP, making the existing real-time inventory feature more efficient and better supported across a wider number of server configurations.
- HTML Email Merchant Order Notification (Pro, Manager)
Order notification emails can now be further customized with HTML.
- Improved Back Office Help and Support (Pro, Manager, Starter)
In addition to taking you directly to a help page, the Help button in the back office menu bar now provides a drop-down menu (accessed by hovering over the button) from which you can navigate to the appropriate help page, an "About ShopSite" popup (displays information about your ShopSite installation), our knowledgebase articles, our support ticket system, or our forums.
- Remarketing for Google Analytics (Pro, Manager)
You can now use Google's remarketing feature in Google Analytics.
- New Search Option "does not contain" (Pro)
This new field applies to all search fields within ShopSite and allows you to do searches where you want results that do not contain a specific value.
- 25 Additional Custom Product Fields (Pro, Manager)
You can now have up to 50 total Custom Product Fields.
- "Empty Cart" Button Behavior Control (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can now specify that the "Empty Cart" button displays the cart screen (now empty) instead of returning the shopper to the last page visited.
- XML Download Improvements (Pro)
Avatax individual product rates are now passed to the XML download.
- SEO Improvements (Pro, Manager, Starter)
Generated HTML pages are now automatically named based off of the Name field of the page or product.
- Image Handling Improvements (Pro, Manager, Starter)
You can now upload images directly from the Add a Product and Edit Product pages. Also, image maintenance has been improved in Pro and Manager stores, so you can now create resized images or delete images from the View Images page.
- Optional Confirmation Screen for Starter stores (Starter)
To meet PayPal requirements, stores configured to use PayPal Advanced as a payment gateway must display a confirmation page between the Shipping and Thank You screens. This confirmation screen can optionally be used with other gateways. Manager and Pro stores already have this feature.
- New Themes (Pro, Manager, Starter)
There are nine new themes in this release, all of which support reponsive design. This means they automatically adjust depending on the viewing size of the screen, looking great both on mobile devices or full computers! New themes include: Brownie, Composer, Content Focus, Deskman, Floating Page, Response, Shower, Stripped Down, and Underline.