ShopSite in the News
ShopSite, Inc. Releases Version 6.1 of its Leading E-Commerce Shopping Cart
Version 6.1 includes new payment gateways from Cardservice International, Wells Fargo, and Surefire Commerce, as well as enhancements to UPS shipping, fraud protection, and custom templates.
OREM, Utah, July 9, 2002 -- ShopSite, Inc., a leading provider of easy-to-use Web catalog software, today released version 6.1 of ShopSite, the company's advanced e-commerce shopping cart application.
Three more payment gateways are now available in all 6.1 versions of ShopSite -- Starter, Manager, and Pro:
- Cardservice International (CSI) is a leading provider of secure credit card transaction processing. ShopSite now supports CSI via their secure LinkPoint payment gateway.
- Wells Fargo SecureSourceSM WebPayment Suite allows merchants to accept, process and settle credit card payments online the same day they apply for the service. The WebPayment Suite features an online application with real-time decisions, and an Authorize.Net payment gateway. ShopSite 6.1 now has the Authorize.Net configuration option that enables the WebPayment Suite.
- SureFire Commerce is a global leader in payment processing. With SureFire's solution merchants world-wide can process credit cards online in real time.
Additionally, all payment processor gateways are now available in ShopSite Starter.
ShopSite v6.1 also has a number of other enhancements to ShopSite Manager and Pro including:
- Shipping enhancements -
- A handling charge can be added to the shipping cost. The charge can be added on a per-product or per-order basis.
- Custom Shipping API - 3rd parties can now create applications to provide ShopSite real-time shipping quotes (in ShopSite Pro.)
- Shipping Box Dimensions can now be specified for each product. This allows UPS and other shippers to calculate dimensional weight charges, which is required for large or odd sized products.
- Order Download enhancements -
- Option to automatically fill in shipping address fields from billing information. This is useful with 3rd party shipping programs such as UPS Worldship.
- QuickBooks download information is more configurable.
- Fraud protection - The IP address that the shopper is coming from is now included on the order.
- Custom template enhancements -
- Subproducts in custom templates
- Five new merchant-definable product fields in ShopSite Pro. Can be used in custom templates and Order API
- New IF functionality to do string compares as well as checking for content in a field
- New tag to display product Ordering Options as pull-down lists
- Ability to add multiple products to the shopping cart with a single add button
For a complete list of new features and enhancements in ShopSite 6.1, please go to http://www.shopsite.com/help/6.1/en-US/new-features.html.
Upgrading to 6.1
For most merchants currently using ShopSite 6.0 there will be no charge to upgrade to 6.1. Merchants can directly upgrade to 6.1 from earlier ShopSite versions (3.x, 4.x, 5.x, and 6.0.) Merchants should contact their hosting provider for details on upgrading and to learn what fees, if any, are applicable.
ShopSite, Inc. is a private company based in Orem, Utah, and has provided electronic commerce software for the small- to medium-sized business since 1996. The company's software is an online catalog and shopping cart system that is extremely powerful and easy to learn. With ShopSite software, merchants can manage their online stores entirely, regardless of their technical background-there's no HTML coding required.
ShopSite is sold by hundreds of reseller partners, including hosting companies such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, LexiConn, pair Networks, HostMonster, and YourHost.com. Merchant web sites using ShopSite include: Tony Packos, e- Wedding Bands, MyBambino, W+S Water Safety Europe GmbH and thousands of others.
The ShopSite family includes four products:
- ShopSite Express™ add up to 10 order buttons to your website or blog
- ShopSite Starter™ for merchants just starting out or stores that don't have many products.
- ShopSite Manager™ offers an unlimited number of products and pages, Custom Templates, data upload and download, Store Search, and more.
- ShopSite Pro™ for stores that need advanced features such as Coupons, Digital Downloads, Gift Certificates, Customer Registration, Inventory Tracking, Facebook store.
A comprehensive list of features in all ShopSite products can be found at www.shopsite.com/scchecklist.html.
ShopSite is server-based software that works with existing Web browsers, which means that merchants do not need to download or install anything on their desktop in order to create and manage a ShopSite store. Merchants can preview a demo version of ShopSite and obtain pricing information by visiting www.shopsite.com.
Follow ShopSite on your favorite social network:
ShopSite on Twitter: http://twitter.com/shopsite
ShopSite on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShopSiteInc
ShopSite on Google+: https://plus.google.com/102324216598269213124