Pages browsed will be tracked by Google Analytics and will be logged by the Web Server. The information tracked and logged will include your IP.
When you fill out a contact us form we collect your email, IP and optionally other information such as your phone number. Your email is retained indeffinitely during and after we correspond with you.
An email is collected when you sign up for a demo store. It is used to remind you of the store's login information and to send you periodic information until your store automacially expires in about 14 days at which point the store data is removed.
If you click on social media links to View/Share/or Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+ or Pinterest cookies will be set by those vendors for tracking and other purposes.
If you sign up for our newsletter or technical bulletins your email will be collected and shared with Constant Contact. You can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
If you share or subscribe to our ShopSite blog you will be tracked by the service you use such as Facebook or Twitter. If you submit a comment your email will be retained and shared with Askimet to help prevent spam.
If you register for our support forum we will retain your username and email address.
If you pay us ShopSite will collect the following information for payment processing:
- Billing Address
- Phone Number
- Credit/Debit card details (if using this payment method)
The information is collected so that payment can be processed. The payment data will be shared with a payment processor as well as the order total and possibly order details such as the products ordered. Payment processors include:
- Amazon Pay
- Apple Pay
ShopSite uses Avalara to caclulate taxes. Billing address and order details will be shared so that accurate tax rates can be calculated.
Cookies are small files stored by your browser on your device. They are used to remember preferences and improve the browsing and checkout experience. ShopSite uses the following cookies:
- Shopping Basket Cookie - sets a basket ID to correlate to your temporary shopping cart file.
- Shopper Cookie - saves name, email, billing address, and phone number so that the next time you checkout your address information is already populated. This cookie is created when you submit an order.
- Referrer Cookies - two cookies are set if you are referred to our site from a partner or affiliate. The cookies are used to identify the partner/affiliate.
- When an order is completed the order information (including name, email, address, products, etc.) is stored in a ShopSite database. That information remains there indefinitely. ShopSite does not retain credit card information.
- Shopping Basket Cookie - is retained for up to 99 days.
- Shopper Cookie - is kept for 1 year.
- Referrer Cookies - are kept for 2 months.
Cookies - can be cleared by you. The method used depends on the browser and device. See wikiHow for more information. For all other data removal requests contact us
Fulfilling Data Requests
to request a copy of your order data .